Garmin StreetPilot Onboard provides a large preloaded database and user friendly interface to your iPhone, like a Garmin nüvi but without using your dataplan. You can now access, draw, pan and zoom the preloaded maps and Points of Interest quickly without worrying about wireless coverage and traffic charges on your dataplan. Like the nüvi, the maps and directions are always available when you need them most, so you can look up addresses and millions of POIs such as gas stations, restaurants and ATMs .
The Garmin StreetPilot Onboard application transforms your device into a great GPS navigator with turn-by-turn voice-prompted directions that speaks street names and automatically recalculates a new route if you get off track. Garmin onboard navigation is simple and intuitive to use and yet offers rich mapping and many advanced features. It includes Google™ Local Search and red-light and speed cameras powered by Speedwatch™.
Impressive features include:
- Very user-friendly interface
- Maps for the U.S (North America and/or UK) installed on your device
- Millions of preloaded points of interest including restaurants, banks/ATMs, and gas stations along with quick-search shortcuts to access your most common search terms
- 3-D buildings and landmarks
- Voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions including street names
- Lane assist with junction view provides a photorealistic illustration of the correct lane for different maneuvers
- Integrated Google Local Search
- Place calls directly from search listings
- Integrated Speedwatch red-light and speed cameras (as available) including user-generated alerts
- Speed limits with alerts for most major roads
- Via points to enable interim stops along a route
- Detour feature for quickly calculating an alternate route
- Trip planner for creating a route with multiple stops in advance with automatic or manual ordering of destinations
- Where Am I? emergency locator shows your exact latitude and longitude, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and gas stations
- Exit Services allow you to quickly see services such as restaurants, gas stations, and lodging available at exits along your route Address book integration so you can easily navigate to contacts
- Configurable map data field to show arrival time, time or distance to destination, direction of travel, elevation and more
- Trip computer includes a compass heading and bearing indicator, resettable odometer trip statistics such as arrival distance, next turn time and distance, average moving speed, maximum speed, total trip time, etc.
- Super fast map drawing and panning
- Route overview, turns list and turn-by-turn detail available to help keep you on track
- Trip Log enables an electronic breadcrumb trail that shows you where you’ve been
- Configurable vehicle icons to customize what appears on the moving map
- GPS navigation even when there is no cell coverage available
- Continuous navigation during an active call
- Navigate in both portrait and landscape mode
- Optional Real-time traffic information and fuel pricing
Garmin navigation runs on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS and works on GPS-enabled iPads as well.
– Garmin U.S.A. : Lower 49 states plus a number of Caribbean islands
– Garmin N. America : United States, Canada, Mexico, and a number of Caribbean islands
– Garmin UK & Ireland : Full maps of Great Britain, Isle of Man, and Channel Islands, with coverage of major cities in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.